Sil Study Ch 14 Jun 2, 2007 8:40:08 GMT -6
Post by Androga Erindalant on Jun 2, 2007 8:40:08 GMT -6
Ch 14: Of Beleriand and its Realms
This chapter sums up the different realms in Beleriand. For this part I’d prefer to give a list of the realms rather than to make a summary in proza.
* Angband (ruled by Morgoth): north of Ard-Galen, with vast tunnels and ovens, at the towers of the Tangorodrim
* Hithlum (Fingolfin & Fingon): northwest between mountain ranges Ered Lomin and Ered Wethrin. With Fortress Eithel Sirion
* Nevrast (Turgon): northwest between mountain ranges south of the Firth of Drengist, at lake Linaewen. With capital Vinyamar at mount Taras.
* Dorthonion (Angrod & Aegnor): central north, with pine forests and lakes, at the edge of the cliffs to Ered-Gorgoroth
* Tol Sirion (founded by Finrod, later ruled by Orodreth): in the pass between Dorthonion and Hithlum
* Nargothrond (Finrod): central west, between the rivers Teiglin & Sirion, and the rivers Nenning & the coastline. With the caves of Nargathrond.
* Falas (Círdan): far west, at the havens Brithombar nd Eglarest
* Doriath (Thingol): central Beleriand within the forests of Brethil & Neldoreth, between the rivers Teiglin, Sirion & Aros, plus Aelin-Uial. With capital Menegroth
* Ossiriand (Denethor): south east, between rivers Ascar, Gelion and Adurant
* Mark of Madhros (sons of Fëanor): north east, consists of following sub-reams
Pass of Aglon (Celegorm & Curufin)
Between Little & Greater Gelion (Maglor)
Between Gelion & nan Elmoth (Amrod & Amras)
Which realm you would prefer to live in?